Brighton Pubs


Living in Brighton, or even visiting Brighton, there is always that hard decision: which pub do I go to? (or maybe that decision is just hard for me)

I've not been to every single pub in Brighton, nor am I an expert however I thought I'd do a little summery of a few of my favourites to go to.

The Black Lion 
The Black Lion is actually one of my favourite date places. It's small, quaint and got a lovely vibe to it. With fairy lights surrounding the inside of the pub, the dark blue walls and wooden chairs creating a more intimate feel creates the perfect date spot. The food at the Black Lion is also delicious, and would recommend having a roast there. The lamb is incredible!!! The portion sizes are also really good and will fill you up.
In terms of prices, there fairly average for Brighton, I believe a single vodka lemonade cost around £4.80 (just for an idea) They always have great music playing during the evening, and have live music too on some nights which is also really fun. If you like chilling in the beer garden, although quite narrow, it's a really nice area (especially the booths with heaters).
The Black Lion is one of my favourite spots in Brighton and if you haven't been I would very much recommend but if you are going for a roast, book. 

The Walrus 
Again, another intimate affair, a very dark feel. This pub has a very vintage aroma to it, which is why it also makes a perfect date setting. It has quite a lot of seating compared to The Black Lion but still has a really intimate feeling. The bathrooms are also really big and have a few cubicles and lots of mirror space. (Not sure why this matters too much, but I have to appreciate a good bathroom as it's unusual to come across them in Brighton). In terms of pricing, a Old Mout Cider (passionfruit and apple) cost me £4.90, which again if a fairly average cost for a old mout cider. 
This isn't my go-to pub, but it is a really lovely setting and I would recommend checking it out. They also do food which lots really good from what I've seen while there and the food portions look generous.

Druids Head
This is quite small, but again a really nice pub, there isn't lots of seating but it's quite a bright pub during the day which is nice. The food there is also delicious. If you are a believer in the spirits, they also have a ghost which apparently roams the pub (not that you get that feel, it actually has a really nice vibe to it). This pub makes a really nice day date and is opposite Donatello's (a lovely Italian). There isn't a smoking area, but there are a few tables outside of it that you can sit on too so if you like to sit and people watch this might be ideal. 

King and Queen
If you are a student from Brighton and you haven't been here I would be very surprised. When I first stepped into this pub it felt like I stepped back in time to the medieval period. This pub is really great to hang out with your friends, Monday-Thursday they have deals going on. It's always super busy in there, especially Thursday (student night, amazing deals) so if you want a table you might have to get there a little earlier. It has pool tables upstairs which is also fun if you want a game with your friends. The outside area reminds me of something out of Romeo and Juliet, it has a few heaters but those tables get taken up fast. They also have a really good pub quiz on a Monday which I would recommend checking out. 

Hobgoblin
Another good place for friends to hang out, with a nice sized beer garden with heat warmers. The inside is quite small but if you're looking for a pub with a nice beer garden this is one. With the photobooth located inside to capture memories, also a nice touch. Check it out if you're just wanting a little get together with your friends, with not too much rowdiness.

The Font
I'm not so sure this is classed as a pub but The Font is a really nice place to hang out during the week, or as a starter pub for going out-out. There's lots of seating so whether you want a catch up with friends, watch some sports or have a little boggie, this place has it all. It's fairly large, with an upstairs also, the drinks are standard prices for Brighton, with deals during the week. I think they recently had a refurb, which I haven't been to yet so hopefully the above still applies!

I hope you enjoyed this, whether from Brighton or wanting to take a visit.

- Meg 

Comments

Popular Posts