To The One Who Hasn't Been Their-Self Lately,


To the one who hasn't been their-self lately, 

That smile that is usually planted on your face has faded.
The little outbursts of song I no longer hear.
The bubbly, sarcastic charisma has disappeared.
The little laugh that escapes your lips, are no longer audible.

You are in my life for a reason: that reason neither one of us may know. Fate brought us together, but our bond is what makes us strong. 

You may not be yourself and you may not want to laugh at the moment but know I am here, never to judge but to listen. 

I am the friend that will be here with open arms.
I am a friend that wants to hear.
I am a friend with a bottle of wine. 
I am a friend with a lot of advice to share.
I am a friend with hours to spare. 
I am a friend who cares. 

No matter what you are going through, I am always here. 
Even if you want to sit in silence for hours, or talk until your mouth feels dry, or fill your sorrows with wine, or just need me to be a distraction from your darkest thoughts. I will be all and more. 

Just know you are not alone, you have a friend. A friend that will not leave your side, a friend that will annoy you and pester you until she see's some sort of happiness seeping through. A friend who won't give up, because I know if this was the other way round, neither would you. 

Chin up my dear.

All my Love, 
Meg 

Comments

Popular Posts