New me?


While on the dulled red, stained seats en route back to my second home in Brighton (no I'm not a rich sadly, just a student), back aching from the three bags and a ridiculously oversized  heavy suitcase I reflected on the past year, very dramatic I know. Just imagine a 20 something year old girl, riding back on a semi-full train dramatically looking out the onto the scenery as the rain trickled down the window (although sadly there was no rain on this particular journey but imagine for dramatic effect).

But while on this journey, it got me thinking about the infamous "new year, new me", a phrase often thrown around this time of year. When entering adulthood, or even later adolescence, I came to the realisation that new years resolutions would never truly go to plan. However, I do like to reflect on the last year and the achievements I've done. Along with those achievements, comes many (and I even feel the word "many" might be too lenient) many embarrassing moments, which makes me just want to cover my head with a pillow and never want to leave my house again. Can you tell yet that I had no mobile data? 

While on this train full of depressed drones that call themselves people, it got me thinking where do I want to be in a years time? In all honesty I have no fucking clue. But that's absolutely fine. Instead of having the mad anxiety that I'd usually have with no clue what direction I want to go, I'm going into the new year with a clear head and open mind - up for whatever challenges are thrown my way.

- Meg 

Comments

Popular Posts